Benefits of Happy Baby
- Great hip opener
- Great release for the low back
Be Aware of the following:
- After 5th month of pregnancy, be sure to rock side-to-side, avoiding pressure on the vena cava.
- If it stops feeling good late in pregnancy, stop doing it.
How to do Happy Baby
- Lay prone on your mat.
- Bending the knees alongside your belly, reach up and grab shins, ankles or the outter edge of your feet.
- Draw the legs down, mindful to keep the low back supported on the floor. The entire length of the spine should be in contact with the mat. Do not overstretch.
- Rock gently from side to side for 3-5 breaths.
The most important thing about any prenatal exercise is that you listen to your body and only do the poses that feel good! You should never have any pain or discomfort while doing any of the following poses so move into them slowly and pay attention to how they feel, if they don’t feel good, don’t do them.
Please leave a comment below and let us know how you liked this pose.