Benefits of the Tree Pose
The tree pose is a balancing pose which is an excellent way for pregnant women to stay balanced in an ever changing body.
- arms up above the head help with heartburn
- helps women find their center of gravity so they feel less clumsy
- improved posture
- alleviate back pain
How to do the Tree Pose
- Start with both feet on the ground and shift your weight back and forth until you feel your weight evenly distributed between the front and back of your feet so that all 4 corners of your feet have equal weight.
- Shift your weight to one foot and imagine that foot is rooted into the ground from each of the four corners of your foot.
- When you feel rooted lift one foot to your ankle and balance.
- If you are comfort- able there, bring the foot higher on your leg, eventually to your inner thigh.
- Bring the hands into prayer position and hold for 5 breaths.
- If you want to move further you can raise your arms over your head in prayer.
- Repeat on other leg.
The most important thing about any prenatal exercise is that you listen to your body and only do the poses that feel good! You should never have any pain or discomfort while doing any of the following poses so move into them slowly and pay attention to how they feel, if they don’t feel good, don’t do them.
Please leave a comment below and let us know how you liked this pose.