Benefits of the Cat Pose & Cat Cow
- One of the best poses for moving baby into a favorable position for birth or keeping baby in a favorable position
- Releases back tension
- Increases spine flexibility and strength
- One of the best poses to do daily!
How to do the Cat Pose & Cat Cow
- Start on your hands and knees making sure your hands are directly under your shoulders and your knees are directly under your hips.
- As you inhale look up between your eyebrows raising your head gently.
- As you exhale round your back bringing the chin towards your chest.
- Press your hands into the floor and push the center of your back up to the ceiling exaggerating the roundness of your back.
The most important thing about any prenatal exercise is that you listen to your body and only do the poses that feel good! You should never have any pain or discomfort while doing any of the following poses so move into them slowly and pay attention to how they feel, if they don’t feel good, don’t do them.
Please leave a comment below and let us know how you liked this pose.