85 hrs / 8.5 days Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (Yoga Alliance RPYT) with Jennifer More assisted by Wang He.
April 27 – May 5, 2016
Fine Yoga Retreat
ZhaoLiQiao town, ChiBi city, HuBei province
Register before March 27, ￥6600
Register after March 27, ￥7200
Food and Accommodation Costs:
3 meals of delicious home made, regional food.
￥70 per day
Triple Occupancy – ￥80 per person per day
Double Occupancy – ￥120 per person per day
Single Occupancy – ￥240 per person per day
Bamboo Hut – ￥240 per day
Please call 139 1176 7529 / 010 8599 9566 to sign up, or email: info@FineYoga.com
Training begins in:
Learn to teach Prenatal Yoga, and guide pregnant women through the journey of pregnancy, while preparing them physically and mentally for the powerful transition of childbirth and motherhood.
For Yoga teachers
This course is intended to teach Yoga instructors to safely guide their pregnant students through all three trimesters of a healthy and active prenatal yoga class, as well as address the needs of the postnatal student. Teachers will gain a comprehensive understanding of the unique needs of their pregnant and postnatal yoga practitioners.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification
Every student who successfully completes this Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga training will be awarded a certificate documenting that they have completed the strict yoga and childbirth education requirements and are eligible to teach Prenatal Yoga.
All current Yoga Alliance members who complete this training are eligible for the RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) designation from the Yoga Alliance
See below for Yoga Alliance requirements
Experience and Expertise
Jennifer More has been teaching yoga for 18 years and has attended over 450 births,totaling more than 10,000 hours assisting women in childbirth, as a doula. Jennifer’s DVD, Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga is currently the best selling and highest rated Prenatal Yoga DVD in The United States. In addition, she is a certified clinical hypnotherapist, and a childbirth educator.It is withthis breadth of experience that she hascreated a unique and powerful prenatal yoga teacher training. Jennifer has witnessed the powerful impact that Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga can have on a pregnant woman’s health, well-being, confidence and postpartum recovery.
Safe and Effective Yoga Practice and Teacher Training
In her Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga trainings, Jennifer adapts Vinyasa Yoga for the needs of pregnant women, providing a system that works with the pregnant body without sacrificing the intensity that you need to prepare for childbirth. This unique approach to prenatal yoga gives pregnant women the opportunity to safely remain active and challenged in their vinyasa practice. The strengthening that occurs in this Prenatal Yoga practice prepares the necessary muscles for labor and childbirth, often resulting in shorter labor, less pain, and fewer interventions, including a decrease in the need for Cesarean sections. Learning to link breath and movements in a constant flow greatly increases the ability for women to work with their bodies, increasing the likelihood of a more natural and joyous birth experience.
More than just Prenatal Yoga
This prenatal yoga teacher training is unique in that Jennifer’s vast childbirth experience gives her the ability to teach much more than just prenatal yoga. Jennifer integrates techniques to allow women to get in touch with their bodies and the sensations they feel. These techniques are immensely powerful in labor to help change the fearful negative perception many women have about birth. She trains teachers to help women find their strength and power while surrendering and focusing during yoga. Jennifer’s Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, as highlighted in past student testimonies, is a powerful experience for the teachers themselves; some have even said the best training they have ever taken! While addressing the empowerment of prenatal women, it’s only logical that self-empowerment also happens throughout the group; many students undergo their own personal breakthroughs. Jennifer believes that Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga can be the catalyst for a positive and life changing experience of birth and beyond.
Additional Teaching Staff
Wang He, Fine Yoga’s own skilled prenatal yoga teacher, who isconducting Fine Yoga’s weekly prenatal Yoga classes, will join Jennifer. Wang He has completed 5 of Jennifer’s previous trainings in China, in addition to the labor assistant/doula training. She will be sharing her unique experiences about teaching prenatal yoga in China, and the birth community at large. Wang He is also the first Yoga Alliance RPYT registered teacher in China. Fine Yoga employs only experienced and knowledgeable translators who have yoga experience and are well versed in the medical terminology present in such a training, contributing to a seamless learning experience.
Support Your Community
Make a real difference in the quality of childbirth and pregnancy in your community. Students who complete this teacher training will be inspired and prepared to work with pregnant women and their families and guide them through a challenging, safe and effective prenatal yoga practice.
In addition to learning how to teach prenatal yoga, many students join this course to learn about their own bodies and pregnancies. Most courses will have pregnant students enrolled. If your are planning to take this course while pregnant, please be aware of the following:
- In order to receive a certification, you must be present for the duration of the course. You do not need to participate in all of the activity, but you should be in the room observing.
- You must be responsible for your own well-being, and eat and rest as you need.
- Please make sure that you are under the care of a Doctor or other health care professional.
Prenatal Yoga in China
Jennifer More and Fine Yoga offered one of the first major Prenatal Yoga teacher trainings in Mainland China. Jennifer has taught 5 Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga teacher trainings in China,training hundreds of students in this powerful style. Students will benefit not only from her deep level of knowledge, but also her experience teaching Chinese students in China.
Comprehensive Course Materials
Each Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga teacher-training student is supplied with a well-researched and written 116-page manual available in English or Chinese, and a 2 DVD set of Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga translated to Chinese. These materials will be a valuable resource in the time following the training.
Well Rounded Prenatal Yoga Education
Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga ~ Asana and Flow
- Prenatal variations and alternatives
- Teaching Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga
- Teaching Gentle Prenatal Yoga
- Poses that pregnant students should avoid
- Pregnancy precautions and warning signs
- Being responsible with your pregnant students
- Modifications for pregnant students attending regular flow yoga classes
- Different levels/different bodies
- Class sequencing
- Modifications for each of the 3 trimesters
- Yoga for common pregnancy discomforts
- Psoas in motion
- Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic teaching
Intro to Childbirth Education
- Understanding the pregnant body
- Understanding prenatal procedures and complications that your students will be experiencing
- Stages and phases of labor
- Common pregnancy discomforts, health concerns, and precautions
- Warning signs of prenatal health issues
- Pregnancy exercise myths vs facts
- Keeping pregnant women safe and working with the medical community
- Understanding the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles as they relate to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Fetal position variations
- How to achieve and maintain optimal baby positioning
- Muscle release techniques
- Labor Anatomy, understanding labor and childbirth
- Prenatal partner yoga and adjustments
- Yoga and massage during Labor
- Beyond prenatal yoga asana ~ Relaxation techniques for childbirth
- Postnatal precautions
- Postnatal asana and flow
- Diastasis recti identification and treatment
- Yoga after cesarean birth or other medical interventions
- Teaching mixed pre and postnatal classes
Yoga Alliance Requirements
To be eligible as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) through the Yoga Alliance, you must:
- Already be registered as a yoga teacher through the Yoga Alliance as an RYT 200 or greater,completed prior to the commencement of the prenatal yoga teacher training.
- Successfully complete Jennifer More’s Prenatal Yoga teacher training.
- Provide 30 hours of teaching prenatal yoga after completing the training.