85 hr. Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Bali (Yoga Alliance RPYT) with Jennifer More.
August 8-17, 2018
The Yoga Barn
Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
All currency listed in US Dollars, $
Cost of the training does not include housing or food. Both are widely available and very affordable in the Ubud area.
Check below for some housing options.
$350 deposit required to reserve your space and your tuition level.
Pay deposit here
Balance of the tuition is due no later then lunchtime break on the first day of class (August 8). Payment can be made via Credit Card and PayPal (with 3% service charge), or cash.
All queries should be sent to email@example.com
Below is a list of nearby housing for all budgets, with prices ranging from $15 – $150+ per night. Please do your research, read reviews, and make your best judgement. Contact the establishment and often you can get a discounted price for longer stays. Additionally, many of these places will gladly arrange transport from Denpasar Airport for you free of charge or for a relatively small fee.
(Next door to Yoga Barn)
This is a list of places that are walking distance from Yoga Barn and are affordable. Adjust settings to meet your needs.
Training begins in:
Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Bali Indonesia
Learn to teach Prenatal Yoga and guide pregnant women through the journey of pregnancy, while preparing them physically and mentally for the powerful transition of childbirth and motherhood.
For Yoga teachers
This course is intended to teach Yoga instructors to safely guide their pregnant students through all three trimesters of a healthy and active prenatal yoga class, as well as address the needs of the postnatal student. Teachers will gain a comprehensive understanding of the unique needs of their pregnant and postnatal yoga practitioners.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification
Every student who successfully completes this Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga training will be awarded a certificate documenting that they have completed the strict yoga and childbirth education requirements and are eligible to teach Prenatal Yoga.
All current Yoga Alliance members who complete this training are eligible for the RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) designation from the Yoga Alliance.
See below for Yoga Alliance requirements
Experience and Expertise
Jennifer More has been teaching yoga for 20 years and has attended over 450 births, totaling more than 10,000 hours assisting women in childbirth, as their doula. Jennifer’s DVD, Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga is currently the best selling and highest rated Prenatal Yoga DVD in The United States. In addition, she is a certified clinical hypnotherapist and a childbirth educator. It is with this breadth of experience that she has created a unique and powerful prenatal yoga teacher training. Jennifer has witnessed the powerful impact that Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga can have on a pregnant woman’s health, well-being, confidence, and postpartum recovery.
Safe and Effective Yoga Practice and Teacher Training
In her Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga trainings, Jennifer adapts Vinyasa Yoga for the needs of pregnant women, providing a system that works with the pregnant body without sacrificing the intensity that you need to prepare for childbirth. This unique approach to prenatal yoga gives pregnant women the opportunity to safely remain active and challenged in their vinyasa practice. The strengthening that occurs in this Prenatal Yoga practice prepares the necessary muscles for labor and childbirth, often resulting in shorter labor, less pain, and fewer interventions, including a decrease in the need for Cesarean sections. Learning to link breath and movements in a constant flow greatly increases the ability for women to work with their bodies, increasing the likelihood of a more natural and joyous birth experience.
More than just Prenatal Yoga
This prenatal yoga teacher training is unique in that Jennifer’s vast childbirth experience gives her the ability to teach much more than just prenatal yoga. Jennifer integrates techniques to allow women to get in touch with their bodies and the sensations they feel. These techniques are immensely powerful in labor to help change the fearful negative perception many women have about birth. She trains teachers to help women find their strength and power while surrendering and focusing during yoga. Jennifer’s Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, as highlighted in past student testimonies, is a powerful experience for the teachers themselves; some have even said, the best training they have ever taken! While addressing the empowerment of prenatal women, it’s only logical that self-empowerment also happens throughout the group; many students undergo their own personal breakthroughs. Jennifer believes that Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga can be the catalyst for a positive and life changing experience of birth and beyond.
Support Your Community
Make a real difference in the quality of childbirth and pregnancy in your community. Students who complete this teacher training will be inspired and prepared to work with pregnant women and their families and guide them through a challenging, safe and effective prenatal yoga practice.
In addition to learning how to teach prenatal yoga, many students join this course to learn about their own bodies and pregnancies. Most courses will have pregnant students enrolled. If your are planning to take this course while pregnant, please be aware of the following:
- In order to receive a certification, you must be present for the duration of the course. You do not need to participate in all of the activity, but you should be in the room observing.
- You must be responsible for your own well-being, and eat and rest as you need.
- Please make sure that you are under the care of a Doctor or other health care professional.
Comprehensive Course Materials and Follow-up Support
Each Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga teacher-training student is supplied with a well-researched and comprehensive manual and access to our Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga and Postnatal Yoga videos. Additionally, graduates of this course are invited to join our exclusive Dolphin Circle and Private Facebook group where you can stay on top of the latest developments in the childbirth and prenatal yoga fields, as well as network with other graduates from around the World.
Well Rounded Prenatal Yoga Education
Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga ~ Asana and Flow
- Prenatal variations and alternatives
- Teaching Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga
- Teaching Gentle Prenatal Yoga
- Poses that pregnant students should avoid
- Pregnancy precautions and warning signs
- Being responsible with your pregnant students
- Modifications for pregnant students attending regular flow yoga classes
- Different levels/different bodies
- Class sequencing
- Modifications for each of the 3 trimesters
- Yoga for common pregnancy discomforts
- Psoas in motion
- Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic teaching
Intro to Childbirth Education
- Understanding the pregnant body
- Understanding prenatal procedures and complications that your students will be experiencing
- Stages and phases of labor
- Common pregnancy discomforts, health concerns, and precautions
- Warning signs of prenatal health issues
- Pregnancy exercise myths vs facts
- Keeping pregnant women safe and working with the medical community
- Understanding the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles as they relate to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Fetal position variations
- How to achieve and maintain optimal baby positioning
- Muscle release techniques
- Labor Anatomy, understanding labor and childbirth
- Prenatal partner yoga and adjustments
- Yoga and massage during Labor
- Beyond prenatal yoga asana ~ Relaxation techniques for childbirth
- Postnatal precautions
- Postnatal asana and flow
- Diastasis recti identification and treatment
- Yoga after cesarean birth or other medical interventions
- Teaching mixed pre and postnatal classes
Yoga Alliance Requirements
To be eligible as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) through the Yoga Alliance, you must:
- Already be registered as a yoga teacher through the Yoga Alliance as an RYT 200 or greater, completed prior to the commencement of the prenatal yoga teacher training.
- Successfully complete Jennifer More’s Prenatal Yoga teacher training.
- Provide 30 hours of teaching prenatal yoga after completing the training.
I wholeheartedly recommend the Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga training, by Jennifer More. Her instruction and teaching style was clear, concise, heartfelt and very thorough. I believe as yoga teachers we need to instruct in a safe, and educated manner using the most recent data and relevant research. Jennifer’s education went above and beyond my expectations! She consistently provided rationale to support her methods, rather than simply giving a list of do’s and don’ts regarding prenatal yoga. I loved every minute of the training and am grateful to Jennifer and the entire Dolphin Method teamNadine
I came to the Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with very little knowledge of childbirth and pregnancy. Jennifer managed to break down the subject to its basics and build up from there. The course was very well organised and detailed. At the end of the course, not only did she give us a solid foundation and confidence to teach Prenatal/Postnatal yoga, we were also given directions to further enhance our knowledge in this subject.
I highly recommend anyone who would like to embark into a journey to work with pregnant women to train with Jennifer. She has no doubt, a lot of experience working with pregnant women but most importantly, her passion to share this experience and knowledge is immense.
Thank you so much Jennifer and Jake for this wonderful experience!
Enjoy some pictures and video from prior Prenatal Teacher Trainings at the Yoga Barn in Ubud, Bali