Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training ONLINE!
Join Jennifer More for a unique and comprehensive online learning experience!
In her Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga teacher trainings, Jennifer adapts Vinyasa Yoga for the needs of pregnant women, providing a system that works with the pregnant body without sacrificing the intensity that you need to prepare for childbirth. This unique approach to prenatal yoga gives pregnant women the opportunity to safely remain active and challenged in their vinyasa practice. The strengthening that occurs in this Prenatal Yoga practice prepares the necessary muscles for labor and childbirth, often resulting in shorter labor, less pain, and fewer interventions, including a decrease in the need for Cesarean sections. Learning to link breath and movements in a constant flow greatly increases the ability for women to work with their bodies, increasing the likelihood of a more natural and joyous birth experience.
More than just Prenatal Yoga
This prenatal yoga teacher training is unique in that Jennifer’s vast childbirth experience gives her the ability to teach much more than just prenatal yoga. Jennifer integrates techniques to allow women to get in touch with their bodies and the sensations they feel. These techniques are immensely powerful in labor to help change the fearful negative perception many women have about birth. She trains teachers to help women find their strength and power while surrendering and focusing during yoga. Jennifer’s Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training, as highlighted in past student testimonies, is a powerful experience for the teachers themselves; some have even said the best training they have ever taken! While addressing the empowerment of prenatal women, it’s only logical that self-empowerment also happens throughout the group; many students undergo their own personal breakthroughs. Jennifer believes that Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga can be the catalyst for a positive and life changing experience of birth and beyond.
Postnatal Yoga for New Moms
Jennifer has spent years working closely with postpartum physical therapists to create a safe and healing postnatal formula and teaching style. This section of the training builds off of the prenatal section and will help women prevent long-term injuries commonly seen in postnatal women. Teachers will feel confident in assessing what poses and sequences are appropriate for women whether they had a vaginal delivery or a cesarean birth.
Support Your Community
Make a real difference in the quality of childbirth and pregnancy in your community. Students who complete this teacher training will be inspired and prepared to work with pregnant women and their families and guide them through a challenging, safe and effective prenatal yoga practice.
In addition to learning how to teach prenatal yoga, many students join this course to learn about their own bodies and pregnancies.
This Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga ~ Asana and Flow
- Prenatal Formula for assessing the safety of yoga poses
- Prenatal variations and alternatives
- Teaching Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga
- Teaching Gentle Prenatal Yoga
- Jennifer’s trademarked formula for assessing the safety of yoga poses for pregnant women
- Poses that pregnant students should avoid
- Pregnancy precautions and warning signs
- Being responsible with your pregnant students
- Modifications for pregnant students attending regular flow yoga classes
- Different levels/different bodies
- Class sequencing
- Modifications for 3 trimesters of pregnancy
- Yoga for common pregnancy discomforts
Intro to Childbirth Education
- Understanding the pregnant body
- Understanding prenatal procedures and complications that your students will be experiencing
- Stages and phases of labor
- Common pregnancy discomforts, health concerns, and precautions
- Warning signs of prenatal health issues
- Pregnancy exercise myths vs facts
- Keeping pregnant women safe and working with the medical community
- Understanding the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles as they relate to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Fetal position variations
- How to achieve and maintain optimal baby positioning
- Muscle release techniques
- Labor Anatomy, understanding labor and childbirth
- Psoas in motion
- Prenatal Partner Yoga
- Prenatal partner yoga and adjustments
- Yoga and massage during Labor
- Beyond prenatal yoga asana ~ Relaxation techniques for childbirth
- Postnatal precautions
- Postnatal asana and flow
- Jennifer’s trademarked formula for assessing the safety of yoga poses for postpartum women
- Jennifer’s trademarked postnatal yoga sequences
- Understanding and healing the female pelvic floor
- Diastasis recti identification and treatment
- Yoga after a cesarean birth or other medical interventions
- Postnatal Formula for assessing the safety of yoga poses
Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Online Teacher Training is available in two unique tracks. Course details below.
This course will certify students to teach prenatal and postnatal yoga and it is eligible for the RPYT from Yoga Alliance if you are an active member. Videos will be available about 2 weeks prior to the first live meeting to give you time to watch and practice with all of the videos from part 1 of the training. We will then have 5 days of live sessions, meeting in small groups with Jennifer, practicing the material and discussing it with your groups, and doing fun interactive assignments based on the material.
Part 2 begins 10 days later, so you can finish watching the rest of the videos and we will again meet for 5 days with a similar schedule. As we move through the material and you will have the opportunity to ask questions and get personal & individualized answers.
At the end of the course, there will be a one-on-one evaluation of your teaching.
The Certification Track includes:
- 60+ hours of video instruction
- 155-page downloadable manual
- 20+ hours of interactive video time with Jennifer and your groups
- Individual assessment of teaching techniques
- Course completion Certification
- Eligible for Yoga Alliance RPYT if you are an active member
- Access to the Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Private Facebook Group
10 teaching days taught in 2 sections, as follows:
Content available: Now
Live sessions begin:
- Part 1 (Sections 1-5) – November 13-17, 2020
- Part 2 (Sections 6-10) – December 4-8, 2020
There are 2 possible meeting times for each day of the live sessions. Students can choose which meeting suits their needs the best.
Times are: 09:00-11:00 or 18:00-20:00 Pacific time USA (PDT).
Use this time zone converter to see what time and date this is in your location: Time Zone Converter
Cost: $999 USD
This track is ideal for students who already have a prenatal yoga certification or are not interesting in receiving a certification. Students in this track will not have any interactive time with Jennifer. This track allows students to move through the material at their own pace. Students who wish to, may upgrade their track option and join the next available online course.
The Self-Study Track includes:
- 50+ hours of video instruction
- 155-page manual
- Access to the Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Private Facebook Group
Cost: $499 USD
The Dolphin Method Affiliate program
If you know someone who would be interested in this course please refer them and you will receive 10% of the tuition which you can either take for yourself or deduct from the student’s tuition!
If you are a yoga studio and want to get your teachers trained or you know multiple people who would like to attend this training you can get a larger percentage. (This also applies to groups of people joining together!)
Please contact Jake at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to set up an affiliate account.