This certification course is offered in 2 parts:
Part 1: Pre-Recorded Course Content
Students will watch Approx. 26 hours of pre-recorded videos. These videos can be watched at any convenient time. Each video is well organized, covers a specific topic, and is presented at a length that allows students to fit this course into their busy schedules.
Part 2: Live Zoom Sessions
Students will also meet with Jennifer, Journey, and other students for 24 hours. These live meetings allow students to ask questions, practice techniques, and generally learn more about each section of the pre-recorded course content.
The Certification Track includes:
- 26 hours of video instruction
- 144-page manual
- 24+ hours of interactive video time with Jennifer, Journey, and your groups
- Course completion Certification
- Eligible for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education if you are an active member
- Private Facebook Group Membership
Live Zoom Schedule: 2022 Session
- Times are listed in 24hr time for clarity.
- Times are listed in the Pacific Time Zone.
- Check what time this in your city by visiting: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20220506T160000&p1=tz_pt
We are very pleased to offer our unique Dolphin Method™ birth doula training and certification for those seeking a fascinating and rewarding career as labor support professional or to deepen their understanding and skills as doulas.
The information, experience and wisdom shared in this certification program has been developed and refined, collectively over 40 years and more than 800 births; with amazing and powerful results.
We look forward to guiding you through the process of birthing yourself as a Doula and establishing yourself as a professional in the birth community.
Dolphin Method Doula Training and Certification
The Dolphin Method doula training will give you all of the tools necessary for you to work with birthing families prenatally, during and after childbirth. You will have the skills, confidence and knowledge to support your client in a hospital, or out-of-hospital birth facility, and feel comfortable in knowing that you have the necessary skills to improve their birth experience.
Doula training includes:
- Stages of Pregnancy, labor and childbirth
- Techniques for helping women through every stage of labor
- Working at hospitals & birth centers
- Helping your client understand their options
- How to engage emotionally with your clients
- Labor positions and techniques
- Psychology for doulas
- Basic massage techniques for labor
- Alternative birthing styles and situations
Basic Childbirth Education
The Basic Childbirth Education section of our training will teach you:
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy and birth
- Signs of labor onset
- Normal physiological birth – stages of labor
- When birth needs help – medical interventions in the hospital setting.
- Cesarean birth
- Early Postpartum procedures for the birthing person and baby- including initial breastfeeding
Hypnosis for Childbirth
Hypnosis for Childbirth is the cornerstone of our Dolphin Doula Method, and when utilized, is an extremely effective technique for assisting pregnant people at all stages of pregnancy and labor. Hypnosis for Childbirth helps the pregnant person adjust mentally and physically to the dramatic changes happening to her body and life.
By practicing deep relaxation through self-hypnosis, the expectant mother:
- Strengthens the bond with baby which helps facilitate parent-infant attachment after birth
- Manages anxiety around the labor and birth process
- Accesses her individual and unique source of strength and calm
- Reframes the pain associated with pregnancy and childbirth and reinforces positive sensations
I’m currently an ICEA certified doula. My recertification is quickly approaching. I’m researching my options for recertification through other organizations. Can you tell me how the Dolphin Doula certification works for someone who has experience? Also is there an expiration on your certification.
On another note I’m almost done with my YTT and very interested in your prenatal trainings as well. What is the certification title in this program and expiration?