Tustin, CA (Orange County) | August 20 - 30, 2015
85 Hr. Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Dates/Times, Location & Prices
Dates: August 20 - 30
Schedule: Weekdays 8AM - 4PM, Weekends 9AM - 5PM with a one-hour lunch break.
Location: Tustin, CARegistration Information
Registered Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training (RPYT) with Jennifer More Next held on Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Location: Purple Yoga Tustin
- Instructor: Jennifer More
- Date: August 20-30, Weekdays 8AM - 4PM, Weekends 9AM - 5PM
- Cost: $1,475
This course is intended for Yoga instructors who wish to add Prenatal Yoga to their teaching repertoire and gain a comprehensive understanding of the unique needs of their pregnant practitioners, while safely guiding them through all 3 trimesters of a healthy and active prenatal yoga class and preparing them, physically, for the power transition of childbirth as well as addressing the needs of a postnatal student.
This comprehensive Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- Prenatal variations and alternatives
- Poses that pregnant students should avoid
- Pregnancy precautions and warning signs
- Being responsible with your pregnant students
- Modifications for pregnant students attending regular flow classes
- Different levels/different bodies
- Class sequencing
- Modifications for each of the 3 trimesters
- Yoga for common pregnancy discomforts
Intro to Childbirth Education:
- Understanding the pregnant body
- Understanding prenatal procedures and complications that your students may be experiencing
- Stages and phases of labor
- Common pregnancy discomforts, health concerns, and precautions
- Warning signs of prenatal health issues
- Pregnancy myths vs facts
- Understanding the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles as they relate to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Fetal position variations
- How to achieve and maintain optimal baby positioning
- Muscle release techniques
- Prenatal partner yoga and adjustments
- Yoga and massage during Labor
- Beyond prenatal yoga asana: Relaxation techniques for childbirth
- Postnatal precautions
- Postnatal asana and flow
- Diastasis recti identification and treatment
- Yoga after cesarean birth or other medical interventions
About the instructor:
Jennifer More (RYT-500, CHT, CD) is a Registered Yoga Alliance Vinyasa and Prenatal Yoga Instructor, Certified Master Clinical and Medical Hypnotherapist, Doula, Childbirth Educator, Reiki master, the owner and founder of Dolphin Doulam and a mom. She uses her training and experience to help women feel strong and powerful in their birth experiences.
Jennifer created and leads two bestselling prenatal yoga DVDs: "Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga: Jennifer More" and "Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga: Short Forms with Jennifer More". Jennifer's best selling DVDs have received noteworthy mentions in The New York Times, Fit Pregnancy, and Pregnancy Magazine and received the "Top Gear of the Year" award in 2007 from ShapeYou.com.
As a hypnotherapist for the past thirteen years, Jennifer pioneered the Dolphin Method, which uses hypnosis for gentle birthing and anxiety reduction during labor. She has prepared thousands of pregnant women for childbirth and provided doula support in more than 400 births and has spent over 10,000 hours with birthing women. Jennifer is an educator at the Palo Alto School of Hypnotherapy, where she offers the Dolphin Method and Childbirth Hypnosis certification to doulas and hypnotherapists.
Jennifer has studied yoga for the past fourteen years with a variety of instructors including master yoga instructor Doug Swenson with whom she completed her 500 hour certification.